Innovation & incubation
IITM college continually encourages students not only to engross current knowledge but to generate new knowledge and productive ideas. Various activities like guest lectures on entrepreneurship, industrial visits, entrepreneur-student meet, is undertaken by the institute in order to create an ecosystem for innovations and to train the students towards innovation. Innovation is instilled into teaching practices in the college, thereby creating educational opportunities to augment the knowledge level of students and to make them competitive in the marketplace. The Institution has created an eco-system for innovations which includes set up of Incubation and entrepreneurship cell in order to promote innovation, creation and transfer of knowledge. The basic purpose of the cell is to guide the comprehension and the vitality of the students towards becoming active agents in the economic development of the state. The cell will encourage and support start-up creation through effective guidance and mentorship. The cell is going to be the main institutional engine in the college that will generate frameworks to offer innumerable services to the student fraternity which will include information on all facets of enterprise building to budding entrepreneurs thereby instilling a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship.The cell will provide an opportunity to the students to work under the supervision of faculty members. The cell will help students in writing project proposals and submitting to the financial institutions for availing financial support. The main activities of the cell will be: –
- To develop entrepreneurial sense among the student fraternity.
- To assist students at every stage of the enterprise life cycle.
- To organize workshops on IPR, awareness camps, entrepreneurial skill development programs.
- To arrange training facilities for the promising entrepreneurs.
- To create an environment which will help the budding entrepreneurs in the nucleation of business ideas.
- To help in the arrangement of financial support to the promising entrepreneurs.